Saturday 29 October 2011

Talland Bay, Cornwall Weekend 15th October 2011

When I started this blog my intention was to use it to document all of my photoshoots, but I have decided to include other activities where I have my camera with me and am able to take photographs and I think the tales will interest my readers.

We have some friends living in Dorset and as they had just moved house we decided to have a long weekend with them. One night staying at their new house and then driving down to Cornwall to stay a few nights in Talland Bay.

When we go away I don’t tend to take all my photographic kit as I never have time to wander on my own and find locations for doing landscape photography. I enjoy Landscape photography a lot, but like to have time to just explore and find locations and the right light, before setting up the camera on a tripod. I find this most relaxing and will as winter comes upon us go out and do a few shoots in my local location. So I just took my Canon G9 which is a great very portable camera, which allows me to shoot in RAW format.

We stayed in the Talland Bay Hotel which was an amazing hotel, with amazing views out over the sea. Also the people that own the hotel are massive collectors and have their collections all around the hotel, which consists of everything from stuffed, china & paintings of cats, at the same time having this great collection of erotic art on the walls around the hotel. We had a great time just wandering the corridors of the hotel looking at all the paintings and strange ornaments dotted around. In the grounds you find brass sculptors of fairies hanging in the tree’s and even a sculptor of a tramp asleep under a tree.



I have included an image, not very good I must say of a painting and I wonder if any one has any idea of the artist’s name? As the owners where away when we stayed at the hotel and none of the staff there could tell me.



I grew up in Devon and spent a lot of time touring Cornwall on Motorbikes and it’s an area I love, so it was a joy for me to visit places with lots of childhood and teenage memories. We had a trip wandering around Looe where I spent many Sunny days as a child as my parents took us to the beach there more times than I can remember.

We also walked along the coastal route from Talland Bay to Polperro, which is a lovely fishing village, and spent a lot of time wandering around the art shops and even bought a painting by a local artist, that will soon be on display in our home, once we have found the right frame for it.

All in all it was a great weekend away with great weather for October and made me want to spend much more time in Cornwall, maybe next time with the whole idea of exploring and taking Landscape Photographs. Below is a photograph of Polperro Harbour I took as we walked down the coastal path to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment