Monday 7 November 2011

Photoshoot Karenza 27th October 2011

I had been collecting a few ideas for a shoot with my wife and we arranged to try them in the studio. One of the ideas involved digging out her wedding dress and the other involved the use of some flowers.

We went to the local florists and just bought a couple of single stems of two flowers I wanted to use and got the wedding dress out of the wardrobe and we were all set, well so I thought.

It became very clear early on that my idea needed a wedding dress with a very long zip extending low down on the back and the one we had just didn’t undo enough for the shot in mind. As they say best laid plans and all that, so after a quick rethink we took some photographs of the wife in the wedding dress, although I wasn’t getting an image I really liked so while I was having a think the wife started to just swing around and then I saw the shot and tried to capture the movement in the dress, which can be seen below.



We then went on to do the portrait shots idea I had using the flowers and these can be seen below.




It’s funny but just recently I have not been totally happy with the work I am creating and am struggling to work out why. The only thing I can think of is the fact that due to the winter coming on us, I am in the studio and not in my usual locations of derelict buildings and not getting the same inspiration in the sterile environment of the studio. Hopefully as I will be potentially be stuck in the studio until Spring I will become more inspired and improve the work I am doing in the studio.  

No comments:

Post a Comment