Wednesday 26 October 2011

Photoshoot with Cheryl 12th October 2011

Cheryl and I have been discussing doing a shoot together for what must be two years, but with so much distance between us it has been difficult to arrange. We finally managed it though and here are the results.

Cheryl had booked herself into a local hotel and so we decided to use the hotel room to start with and then move onto do some shots in a local wood.

This was the first time I had done a shoot in a hotel room, but I used my normal technique of under exposing the background and using one strobe as fill in light. While shooting I noticed that the wall lights and experimented with them on behind Cheryl’s head which gave of a sort of halo effect. Don’t think Cheryl is an angel thoughJ. I tried various shots using these lights with various different poses and below is a few of the resulting images.


We then went off to the woods with no plan in place for what we were going to do. I had previously noticed while looking at Cheryl’s portfolio that she had very few art nude shots. So we discussed and agreed to try some utilising the trees as a backdrop. Again underexposing the background slightly so as not to burn out the detail in the images created by the Sun coming through the branches.

I really must shoot more images like this in woods as it throws up so many possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment