Monday 27 February 2012

Photoshoot with SopiaDisgrace - 11th February 2012

A few weeks ago I did a shoot with Sophia who I really enjoyed working with. Sophia came up with all the ideas for the shoot and is a very experienced model.  We planned for the shoot to be done in my studio and decided that we wanted to go with minimal lighting so I used just one light with a large octagonal soft box and a grid on it to ensure the light only went where I wanted it to go. I positioned the light to the side of Sophia as I much prefer side lighting as well as with some poses moving the light to the side, but coming from behind at about 20 degrees angle to just skim her body.

As Sophia already had the ideas and is very experienced in front of the camera all I had to worry about was the lighting and composition of the individual shots.

For the first idea Sophia was nude, other than wearing lots of jewellery and having artificial flowers in her hair. As she had started to grow pubic hair for another shoot she has in the pipeline we also clipped a flower there. Below is an image from this set.

For the 2nd set, Sophia had these amazing blue wings, which she uses for her burlesque act. I have called them blue wings but to be honest I don’t know what they are calledJ. This turned out to be a major problem due to the size of my studio. But we persevered and got some great images, although being the cruel photographer that I am I persuaded Sophia to pose out in my back garden which at the time was covered in two inches of snow. I am not keen on the results from the garden due to the jumbled background of houses etc. But it convinced me that next time I shoot with Sophia we will use the same props but do the shoot in a derelict building as I think that could look amazing.

Sophia’s 3rd idea was to do her makeup like a dog and to wear collar and lead with a dog’s bowel on the floor. This was a lot of fun as it allowed us to just have fun with the whole concept and experiment with different poses etc.

Lastly to finish off a most enjoyable and productive shoot we did some art nude shots, with Sophia covered in Baby Oil which gives the skin a great sheen and catches the light perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment