Thursday 29 December 2011

Photoshoot with Kittysprite - 17th December 2012

A little behind with Christmas and spending quality time with family, though today having a quiet time catching up on things in the office, so thought I would get my blog completed for a shoot which was my last one of 2011 with Kittysprite.

When thinking of ideas for this shoot I wanted to incorporate candles in some of the images and experiment with lower shutter speeds so the flash did not make the flame from the candles disappear, while at the same time hand holding the camera and I thought a 25th of a second would be enough to not have any camera shake as well as expose for the flash as well as the candle flame.

I suggested this idea to Kittysprite beforehand and she came up with some great ideas for the use of the candles, one of which made me think this would work really well by giving the images a Victorian feel and would give me the chance to shoot Kittysprite in some Victorian Bloomers I have and am a big fan of.

We had discussed beforehand if to do the shoot out on location or in the studio, but due to the time of year and weather on the day, went for the studio.

Kittysprite’s partner came along with her to the shoot and after looking through all the amazing things that she had brought along to the shoot we decided to shoot Kittysprite in this amazing Kimono she has, before moving onto the candle idea and incorporating Kittysprite’s partner into the shoot. We shot the Kimono with Kittysprite in various poses and incorporating a few props, I have included my favourite from this set below.

A friend of mine had made this amazing cross and let me borrow it for photoshoots and I decided to incorporate this in the next set of images where we at first kept Kittysprite in the Kimono, but undone so just around her waist and then took a series with her tied to the cross, before incorporating some candles, getting Kittysprite to have one in each hand as well as one in her mouth, before getting her partner to dribble some of the wax over her chest as well as using a cane to poke Kittysprite with. Though before using the wax we removed the Kimono from Kittysprite as it was very expensive and we didn’t want to damage it with candle wax.

We then decided to have Kittysprite sitting in front of the cross with her hands above her head tied to the cross, while arranging candles around her, being very careful to ensure the candles followed the lines of her legs etc. rather than just being place haphazardly.

Lastly after getting the wax off Kittysprite’s chest, we went with Kittysprite dressed in Victorian style bloomers, blouse and maids hat and then got her partner dressed up in formal wear with top hat and took a set where he is being the sinister cruel guy which I have to see he played the part of very well, in fact I think they both enjoyed it.

I have to say Kittysprite who has only shot with two other photographers before is a pure delight to work with and added so much creativity and ideas to the shoot. I will be arranging another shoot with her in the New Year that’s for sure.

Happy New Year to you all and watch this space for upcoming shoots in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment