Friday 15 March 2013

2012 in review

As we get very close to the end of 2012 I thought I would give a update on how 2012 has gone for myself with regards to the photography.

At the start of the year my intention was to try and get my photography seen by more people and generally make a better job of marketing myself. Marketing has never been one of my talents so it has been a struggle, but with the help and support of my beautiful wife and some dear friends I am starting to get there.

First thing I did was to get my website up and running, after a complete revamp and included a blog which I update religiously on every shoot that I do, as well as keeping the images up-to-date and fresh.

Delta Photography Website

I emailed a few websites and magazines with a selection of my work and was delighted when some of them responded very positively and wanted to use my images in their publications.
So far this year I have had two of my images printed in a book, which is available through various websites including Amazon, details below:

Book Nudes in Dereliction

Skin Two Magazine is the world’s leading international glossy magazine for the fetish fashion, style and nightlife market and I was delighted when they ran a feature about me on their website.

Skin Two Website

Jade Magazine an international Erotic Art and Literature Magazine ran a feature on me in March and since then they have also published further features on me in September and November editions. Also they have asked me for an image for the front cover of next Year’s August edition of the magazine.

Jade Magazine

I have also had a lot of my images used for promotional material for a new UK website that started this year for people into the Erotic Lifestyle

Erolife Website

I have now created a Facebook Page for all things Delta Photography so why not come and Like. I post regular updates on my shoots, publications and such as well as posting images from the past and present I have taken, Facebook friendly of course.

Facebook Page

You can also follow me on Twitter @Delta-14

Delta Photography on Twitter

I have had my images in an Exhibition in Germany twice now Galerie am Bruseller Platz, Cologne.

I attended London Fetish Weekend on 6th October 2012 to exhibit my work as well as have images for sale, and was surprised with the very positive reaction to my work as well as the sale of a few prints.

I was named Jade Erotic Artist of the Year 2012 in October and presented with my award at the London Fetish Weekend, and I can’t put into words how much this award means to me. For more details on the award please take a look at my blog entry regarding this:

Jade Erotic Artist Of 2012

I was approached in November by W4B (Watch4Beauty) Magazine who wanted to run a feature on me in their magazine. W4B are not just another erotic website - recently they won the Best Erotic Art Magazine Award and have already published many articles about famous photographers, models, painters, adult websites, lifestyle, hi-end technologies etc. So I am delighted to see myself featured in their magazine:

Watch 4 Beauty Magazine

I was also approached by PH Magazine who wanted to feature me in their next issue and I was delighted as they are a much more mainstream magazine and they wanted to run a feature around my Art Nude work. I look forward to seeing this available for viewing in early 2013.

PH Magazine

A long term ambition of mine was to see my photography in a book and this was one of my main objectives at the start of the year to get a book together of my work and get it published. I decided to use Blurb for this, while they are the most expensive, the quality of the final book and prints is the best I could find and I believe worth the extra cost.

I didn’t just want a book which was a portfolio of my work, but one that had a constant theme running through it and I came up with ‘Beauty & Fetish in Dereliction’ as this is mostly what I have been shooting all year and I believe earned me the recognition I have received.

My book is available via the following link to preview and purchase:

Book Beauty & Fetish in Dereliction

As a lot of you will know Photography is a hobby for me it is not my full time job and has been a major investment of my spare time and money since I first purchased a SLR camera back in 2006, so the pleasure I receive to see any of my images in print or people taking the time to comment on my work is a major boost.

Challenges going forward are to exhibit my work more as well as find private commissions for shoots and I am also looking into running training courses into photography and lighting as it is something people have asked me about this year.

Happy New Year to all my readers and all the best for 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment