Friday 10 August 2012

Photoshoot - Miss Jezebel 20th July 2012


It has happened at last, I have done a shoot with the lovely Miss Jezebel. We have been trying for what seems like ages to work together but life seems to have got in the way of all our previous plans until now.

I am pleased to say the shoot has now happened, and now I want to plan shooting with Miss Jezebel again as it was such an enjoyable experience and well worth waiting for.

The plan had always been to do art nude images out on location, so we went to a favourite haunt of mine. Recently I have been getting this fixation with art nude and adding some item of clothing like a scarf, boots or small top etc. I don’t know why this would be but think it is influenced by looking at a book by the amazing photographer ‘Dahmane’. The book is called Dressed Nudes and in all the images the models are wearing some item of clothing. If you haven’t looked at the work of Dahmane before I would recommend you take a look.

With this in mind I had asked Miss Jezebel bring along some clothing we could use which she did including an amazing top, thigh high boots among other things. We started with the top and boots and an example of these images can be seen below.

We then switched to a new outfit which can be seen below. As always for these images I was using one strobe off camera with an umbrella as fill light and setting the camera to underexpose the background at the sametime as capture the ambient light streaming into the building.

We finished the shoot with a set of Miss Jezebel naked apart from the boots but standing astride a long pit in the building. I wanted to try and create something dramatic with this setting, so while having my normal light setup of one strobe to camera left. I also put another strobe in the pit pointing up at Miss Jezebel to create a dramatic shadow behind her on the wall. I was really pleased with how this setup worked and how the shadow really adds to the drama of the image.

Now all I have to do is persuade Miss Jezebel to come and visit me again for another shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment